Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wet and Wild in Hong Kong...Ok, maybe just wet

My two days in Hong Kong went by fast. There was so much I wanted to do, and most of it was co-opted by the endless downpour that blanketed the city for my entire time there. I finally witnessed blue in the sky on my way to the airport to fly to Tokyo.

Hong Kong is massive, like Manhatten in a vertical sense, but even more so. Many resturants and stores are on the second or third floors of buidings, making it neccessary to look up to see what you might be passing. Every other buiding is a shopping mall. The whole of Central is one big mall connected by covered skyways which were invalbul to me transversing the district without becoming soked to the bone. As soon as I left central to expore more of the city, I became a drowned rat.

I really did not have that much time, and the rain precluded many activities, so I spent my time trying to do some shopping and eating amazing Chinese food.

Anyway, now I am in Tokyo. Soon I will post about my trips to Akihabara, Land of the Nerd. Take care.

No comments: